Sivut

keskiviikko 15. heinäkuuta 2015

Sesimbra -> Cabo Espichel Hiking 12.4



//  Oh yeah, another part about "what I have forgotten to tell and post to you" was our (at least mine, I think lady Micha has done many of these in spring time ;) ) longest hiking in 12 of April. We took a bus to Sesimbra early in the morning and were going to hike to Cabo Espichel, about 20 km walk, and then took a last bus back to Setúbal. 

Like... something like that, but in a green areas :D I forgot that good hiking page Micha showed to me. 



The trouble was that the buses. There were not so many buses so the risk was that we would get stuck in Cabo Espichel if we can't make it to the last bus. Then we would have to walk looooong way home haha :D  Let's see how it went:   // 


//  Well, it started little bit differently than we thought. We had one GPS machine, where Micha had put the route, but then we have little confusion where to continue after beginning, walking up really high hills. Weather started to be quite hot, we changed shorter clothes and still sweated like pigs, huhh.. When trying to find the right route, others wanted to try their own route. So yeah, in the end and after long talking we all decided to try that others one. Can't say it wasn't interesting :D 

We, for example went trough some big excavation area, lot of sand and huge pits everywhere, empty buildings and nobody there. Then we saw some explosion warning signs, eeekeeek. So, we decided to follow the road but we had to cross the gates. Usually people try to break in, we broke out that day hahahha.. some jumped and climed over the gates, my and Karens style was more.. Earthy way:   //


..And then some people try to make it little bit harder to pulling you legs same time you try to move forward.


//  Ok, after this:

"walking-a-circle-going-endlessly-somewhere-aaagh-where-we-are-where-we-can-find-good-hiking-road-ohnooo-we-have-to-make-to-that-bus-on-time-aaaaagahhhhh... "

- We decided to find again the loaded route, otherwise we couldn't catch the last bus. I think we found the right route about after 1-2 hours when we had walked already 5-7 km. liek more than we supposed to hahaha. But then we continued looking the GPS. Longlong walk and we stopped couple times to have lunch. For me the hardest was that during all the hiking, there were no trees or shelter from the sun, so all day we spend in hotness under the sun. But look at the views, wow! // 






Putting sunscreen


//  And then we arrived to Cabo Espichel: 







Time to rest




//  Views were amazing, so amazing.. 


 So it was worth that 25-7 kilometer walking day :D But I learned also about myself that for me, maybe hikings around 10-15 km are more my thing than these long ones :D But gosh, I'm so glad I didn't missed this. I think I will remember for the rest of my life that view when standing there andthat feeling, looking these amazingly huge rocks that looks like some really big animal had clawed the edges. I felt myself so small,so small standing there next to them. Part of the rock pictures are from Rafal. // 






Abandoned houses





// And yeah, you were still wondering, did we catch the last bus? 



We did! We took the last one to Sesimbra and there we changed to another bus to take us back to home. But because that we didn't have any time to visit to see Cabo Espichel dinosaur footprint place, and for some that was very disappoinment, aaew. But later we heard that the prints are not that big, quite disappoinment, after all big advertising you should expect more. But still, I never have seen any dinosaur marks, I think that's still cool anyway. 



Way to home was quite quiet, people were happy but quite tired, dirty, maybe burned and little bit hungry. But this day I will remember a long time. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti